Results of Louisiana Bass Cats's third tournament are posted. Todd Derouen and Cody Pattillo caught a 5 fish limit at Marshfield weighing 15 lbs 8 ozs. Click for full results.
Coteau Bass Hustlers fished Patterson on April 05, for their third tournament of the year. Johnny Schexneyder and guest, brother Jerome, finished First with a limit of 11.35 lbs. Second Place was earned by Marlin Hebert and Todd Trahan, 10.83 lbs. This team also had Big Bass, 4.21 lbs beauty. Cederick Boudreaux and Colby Hebert finished Third, with 7.81 lbs. Click for full results.
We would like to invite to you to participate in the 3rd Annual - Acadiana Youth Hunter Education Club "Take your Family Fishing Freshwater Tournament" on Apri 26 2014 at the Lake Fausse Point State Park near St Martinville La Last 2 year’s tournaments were a complete success. Each year we enjoy having more and more people join us. We have expectations of doubling or possible tripling last year’s numbers. This is only our third year and we are learning as we go. Therefore, we do have a few improvements from last year….
- Due to unpredictable water levels on the atchayfayla basin we have moved to Lake Fausse Point State Park
- Moved to April for cooler fishing weather
- There will be no fees for all youths 15 and under with a accompanied with an adult with a paid boat entry
- We now have 4 categories including the new "Tangler" divisional for children 9 and under
- Weigh in deadline is pushed back till 3pm instead of 1pm * We are also pulling together more activities for the youth participants such as a casting contest
- Boats will leave in an orderly manner at daylight in order of arrival
- We are also continuing the drawing for the LA lifetime Fishing Lisence for early registrants
We are also open to any suggestions that anyone may have that would make this a more enjoyable event for everyone…. Flyers, Registrations and Rules are attached or can be downloaded/ printed @ http://www.acadianayhec.com/2014-fishing-tournament.html. Please help us advertised by sharing this with friends and family
The area clubs had a shootout Sunday, March 23, at Lake Fausse point, called the Top Ten Tournament. So called because the top 10 fishermen in each club represented the club in this event.
Catahoula Bass Association came out first. Followed by last year's winner, Lipari Hog Fighters. Louisiana Bass Cats came in third and Coteau Bass Hustlers took fourth. This was a fun event where everyone caught fish. The standings change from year to year. This was Catahoula's year, congratulations!
The Catahoula Bass Association has published their 2014 schedule.
The TOP ROD BIG BASS CLASSIC fished Sunday, 02/23/14, from the Marshfield Landing, was a huge success. Click for full results.